Skip to content ↓

"Learning to love, live and celebrate as we grow in the knowledge and love of Christ"

In Year Admissions


As St Thomas More School is a Voluntary Aided School, the admission criteria are those of the Governing Body. You should, therefore, complete the application for this school in order for the Governors to consider your application. Hertfordshire County Council (HCC) is responsible for co-ordinating In Year admissions for all applications from Hertfordshire residents, therefore you must also apply to HCC before your application to St Thomas More School can be considered by the Governors. If you live outside Hertfordshire at the time of application, you should apply through your home Local Authority

If your child's year group is fully subscribed, your application can be placed on Continuing Interest at your request. Please speak to Mrs Furmston in the school office. Should a place become available, all applications on continuing interest for the relevant year group will be considered according to our admissions criteria.

Parents can access all the information they need and can make an application to HCC for an In Year school place at

Please ensure your application to St Thomas More School includes:

  • A completed Supplementary Information Form, download 'SIF - In Year' (see below)
  • A completed Certificate of Catholic Practice, (where applicable) - available from your priest at the parish where you worship.
  • A copy of your child’s baptism certificate (where applicable)
  • 2 original documents as proof of address *

*Valid address documentation includes

  • a bank or building society statement which shows the address at which the child is resident or
  • a utility bill (for instance electricity, gas, Television License, telephone) which shows the address at which the child is resident or
  • the child’s Medical Card.

For further information please refer to the school Admissions Policy, which is available to download below or call on 01442 385060.