Friday 23 June 2023: 4pm-6.15pm (arrival and registration: 3.30-3.55pm)
The deadline for entries has now passed. If you have already entered a team in the tournament, we look forward to seeing you on 23 June. Read on for further information about the Footballathon tournament and Summer Fair.
The footballathon tournament is part of the annual St Thomas More School Association Summer Fair. BBQ, bar, ice creams, bouncy castle and stalls will be open for spectators and players to enjoy throughout the tournament.
Please contact Alex at email@example.com if you have any questions
How it works
- This is a 5-a-side competition and teams are allowed a maximum of seven players in their squad, which includes two rolling subs.
- All players should enter as a team with a nominated adult manager. Regretfully, we are not able to organise individual players into teams and individual entry is not possible.
- The exact format of the afternoon will depend on the number of teams entered. We anticipate having a tournament league for each year group, depending on how many entries we receive for each.
- We will have a separate league (or leagues) for KS2 girls-only teams if enough teams enter for this category.
- Girls can also play in mixed teams in any of the other leagues.
- If teams are made up of players from more than one school year, they will be placed in a league of teams from the school year of the oldest players in the team.
- Games will last 5 minutes each (apart from the final of each league, which will be 10 minutes).
- There will be a trophy for the winning team from each league.
- Arrival and registration will be from 3.30-3.55pm for a prompt 4pm start. The tournament will finish by 6.15pm.
- ·All teams must have a named responsible adult on the school grounds for the duration of the tournament.
<<Please read the complete tournament rules and guidance attached below>>
If you have any questions, please contact Alex Moshakis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support and we look forward to seeing you on 23 June 2023!