As you will be aware, this year we are beginning to build 'Character Education' into life at St Thomas More. Please see the information below to find out more about our vision and how we plan to implement this alongside our Religious Education curriculum.
What is Character Education?
Character is a set of personal virtues which guide conduct. Character Education is explicit and implicit teaching and learning that helps young people develop moral virtues. (Jubilee Centre)
The core principles of the framework are:
- Prepare young people for tests of life, rather than just a life of tests
- Must be more than just a subject
- Must involve the community – incl. Parents
- Has a place in the classroom
- Can have a positive impact on attainment, behaviour and employability (Jubilee Centre)
Please see below for further information on Character Education at St Thomas More.